Thread: Rules/Updates
View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #92
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaisaigono View Post
Asking someone to pay you as a gift is scamming paypal out of their cut of the sell (the fee) and is against their policies. It also means that should you decide to take the buyer's money and run they can't do a chargeback to get their money back. It's bad, it should be avoided. The fees honestly are not that much and either your or the buyer should just pay them.
I believe the feee is based on a small percentage so it usually only ends up being a few dollars or less. You should make sure you are clear as to who pays the fees. There are options for have the buyer pay the or have the seller pay them. So if you have the buyer paying them make sure you account for that.
Say you are charging $20 and the fee is $1. make sure the buyer knows to send $21 to cover the fee if not then you will end up with only $19. You wouldn't believe the people I've had to explain that to when I email them telling them they need to send additional funds to pay the fee since they were suppose to pay it, but picked the wrong option and charged me the fee instead. -_-

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Sinon (SAO:GGO) 30% done (Prop Hecate II and Wig finished)