View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #37
srawr

I haven't seen any reviews of their lace front wigs, so I figure I'll chime in!

Name of Product: Matilda in Pumpkin

Where Purchased: ACen

Product Description: Absolutely stunning wig. I was looking for something for my Jessica Rabbit costume and knew I wanted a natural looking red that would be luxurious and stunning and that didn't have a hard front, but I didn't want to have to refront a wig, so I was absolutely thrilled to find a cosplay site that actually had lace front wigs! I was even more thrilled to find out that they were attending a con near me so that I could look at and purchase the wig there, saving a couple bucks on shipping.

Picture of the wig in use.

Pros: Absolutely amazing price for a lace front wig. Seriously, I don't think I can emphasize what a great deal $65 is for a lace front, especially one with such lovely fibers. Which brings me to the next point: the lack of shine! It's wonderfully realistic and photographs well, with no unseemly shine and a wonderful, natural looking blend of colors. I haven't had the need to do any styling, so I can't say how well it holds up to heat, but it came out of the bag in exactly the style I needed, so I can't really complain. I also loved the large size of the cap, as I have a lot of hair to keep under the wig, so it's nice to not have to use as many pins to keep the wig on.

Cons: This is super finnicky and really a complaint about all machine fronted wigs, but the hairline is just so unnatural looking and solid. However, and we're back to a pro here really, the lace was easy enough to ventilate on that I was able to make the hairline a little more natural looking myself with some hair I cut out of the back of the wig. (It wasn't missed, as the wig is so thick.)

Overall Rating: 9.8/10 Honestly, the most beautiful wig I own.
srawr is offline   Reply With Quote