View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #75
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Pros:
  • Registration line was definitely quicker this year
  • Animetal USA - I was skeptical about them as GoH, but their concert ROCKED!
  • LiSA concert - AMAZING! She had so much energy and the crowd really was into it throughout
  • Hall G - Not a bad venue at all in my opinion
  • AMV contest - I now need to watch Steins;Gate and AnoHana
  • Lots of awesome cosplayers
  • Being able to fit time in to take a dip in the pool at the JW Marriott
  • Hanging out with good friends and running into friends I don't see that often
  • Actually got compliments on my cross-play from a couple of X Games attendees...never expected that
  • Food trucks...AWESOME
  • Madoka Magika panel...that was an awesome panel, by far the best of the panels I attended
  • Last Comic Standing...HILARIOUS! The audience and comics just fed off each other and I was glad to see Soap finally win after so many years of coming up short!

Cons:
  • Main Events line on Friday, a staffer was handing out tickets at the head of the line. Why wasn't a staffer doing that inside Hall A? I missed two panels!
  • Frequent schedule changes last minute made it hard to keep track unless you had a smartphone
  • Mobile app RARELY worked for me...what good is it if it doesn't work?
  • CROWDS...good lord was it crowded; it felt like Comic Con on Friday and Saturday!
  • Programming or lack thereof; there weren't a lot that interested me
  • Guests - aside from LiSA, Yuki Kajiura and surprisingly Animetal USA the GoH list was weak for those who haven't watched Fate/Zero
  • X Games inconvenience; though they did do a decent job of making the path clear it was still annoying to walk all that extra way.
  • Registration lines - While the line did move quicker this year, can't AX rent out canopies to keep people out of the sun?
Anime Los Angeles (Full weekend)
Anime Expo (Full weekend)

2014 Crossplays (subject to change)
Haruhi Suzumiya (winter uniform)
Mikuru Asahina (winter uniform & original maid version)
Hatsune Miku (default version & original maid version)
Minako Aino (Sailor Moon) - School uniform version (undecided)

Last edited by animejunkie : 07-04-2012 at 01:17 AM.
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote