- Registration line was definitely quicker this year
- Animetal USA - I was skeptical about them as GoH, but their concert ROCKED!
- LiSA concert - AMAZING! She had so much energy and the crowd really was into it throughout
- Hall G - Not a bad venue at all in my opinion
- AMV contest - I now need to watch Steins;Gate and AnoHana
- Lots of awesome cosplayers
- Being able to fit time in to take a dip in the pool at the JW Marriott
- Hanging out with good friends and running into friends I don't see that often
- Actually got compliments on my cross-play from a couple of X Games attendees...never expected that
- Food trucks...AWESOME
- Madoka Magika panel...that was an awesome panel, by far the best of the panels I attended
- Last Comic Standing...HILARIOUS! The audience and comics just fed off each other and I was glad to see Soap finally win after so many years of coming up short!
- Main Events line on Friday, a staffer was handing out tickets at the head of the line. Why wasn't a staffer doing that inside Hall A? I missed two panels!
- Frequent schedule changes last minute made it hard to keep track unless you had a smartphone
- Mobile app RARELY worked for me...what good is it if it doesn't work?
- CROWDS...good lord was it crowded; it felt like Comic Con on Friday and Saturday!
- Programming or lack thereof; there weren't a lot that interested me
- Guests - aside from LiSA, Yuki Kajiura and surprisingly Animetal USA the GoH list was weak for those who haven't watched Fate/Zero
- X Games inconvenience; though they did do a decent job of making the path clear it was still annoying to walk all that extra way.
- Registration lines - While the line did move quicker this year, can't AX rent out canopies to keep people out of the sun?
Blog: The Casual Otaku
FB: The Casual Otaku
Anime Expo 2016 cosplay plans (subject to change)
Day 0: Casual maid Maki Nishikino (Love Live)
Day 1: Mikuru Asahina/Yuki Nagato(?) (TMoHS - summer uniform)
Day 2: You Watanabe (Love Live Sunshine - school uniform)
Day 3: Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon - winter uniform)
Day 4: Casual maid cosplay or Yui Hirasawa (K-ON - summer uniform)
Last edited by animejunkie : 07-04-2012 at 01:17 AM.