View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #119
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Just thought I'd jump into this thread. -super late to the fandom-

I'm hoping my friend and I will be cosplaying either Dean&Sam or Dean&Castiel (depending on who she chooses when she watches more).

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to cut our hair like them, so I'm in need of wig recommendations for the trio!
Dean is really hard to get a wig for. Jensen Ackles's hair is so short that his scalp is exposed in most places, so really I don't know what to tell you. I guess you could use either a Roni or (though I hesitate to recommend a wig seller I've never bought from) Super Short from the wig store here on Coscom and cut the top down. Maybe go for Dean's earlier season hairstyle where his hair was a little bit longer? It's still really hard to achieve with a wig though. If you do end up using Roni, 24BT/18 would probably be the best color to use.

Castiel and Sam, however, I can tell you exactly which wigs are best to use.

Cas, Roni is your best option, the hair is even the slightest bit wavy on the sides like Misha's. The top needs to be trimmed up a bit, but this is the same wig I use, so it definitely works. Depending on your skin tone, 2 or 4 are the best colors.

Sam, I actually use a different wig for than the one that I'm about to recommend, but I really don't like mine and I've actually been wanting to replace it. One of my good friends who is an awesome Sam cosplayer uses this wig, and it really looks great. It's Lulu by Arda-Wigs. The perfect color (Spanish Brown) is unfortunately out of stock, but you could easily get away with Dark Brown, or get a wig in a lighter shade (like Sandy Brown or Warm Light Brown) and dye it to the right color.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote