View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #1825
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Weather: It's pretty mild year around here. It only gets a little warm in my 3rd floor apartment with no AC. Does it snow there a lot?

Location: I'd like to have Gestahl done too, but that will be too big of a project to also have done by that time, I think. We would just need to find someone who can do General Leo, so I can pose with my three generals.

Snow shoot: If you came up early, I will do my best to get some time off of work during that time. Coming up some other time would be an option as well. Also, meeting in Portland or somewhere in between Seattle and Northern Cal could work too, although I don't know of the locations around there.

Amano Drawing: I just looked up the Zelda Project. That's pretty amazing! It would be awesome if we could get enough fan support to do something similar to Final Fantasy VI. It would probably be alot easier if it was Final Fantasy VII. I don't know if FF6 would have as large of a fanbase to support a project like that. I really do want to make something like this work, though. Is that the idea you are going with your Zelda goddess project?

Workout: Did lots of walking around Seattle, which was nice. Also, this con in Vancouver I walked around alot as well - so I'm pretty sore right now. But I am seeing some weight loss already. Hopefully, by SakuraCon, I can be at the weight I want to be. About a pound a week to get there. Once I lose some of this weight, I may start lifting some weights again.

Armor: The dress form is nice, which is why I'm glad I found a men's form. Although for leg and arm armor, I guess the form won't help too much. I suppose for the leg and arm armor, I will need to do something else. That's going to be a trick. The styrofoam ball worked well for starting the shoulder pauldron. For Zora Armor, I've been getting outdated plastic advertising signage from work (styrene, basically). I think that should work for the scales.

Goddesses: Looks like a cool project. So did you do all the concept sketches that are posted on the page? You are doing Nayru, right? It's probably best to debut it when it's done the way you want it then try to rush it before a con. As for photos, I think this should be one of the locations after everyone has left work there - http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...ay/7430112598/ It's only a couple miles from where I live and right next to where I work now.

Fixes: Looks like Yoko's wig is coming along wonderfully from the pics you posted recently. I really need to take the dive into wig styling soon and get Duke's to look decent. I do still have the links you gave me a while back. As for Zidane, I did use Vinyl to make the belt.

Here it is - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._1464308_n.jpg

The official artwork: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy..._character.jpg

I'm stuck on how to make the edges look like that.

Cookies: Awesome, I'll see what I can make.

Parents / Cons: Thanks. I had fun with my parents. We did all the touristy stuff in Seattle. Did you ever make it to the fish market or anything while you were up here at all? I did get to go to the con. It was pretty small, but I got to practice the photography a bit.

@MDA - If it works out for you, that would be cool if you can bring FF4 or FF9. If not, that's alright. I just went to a very tiny con in Vancouver called JFest. There were only 400 people that attended and it was one day. It was mainly photography practice. I would like to go to more cons close to Ontario, although that's really far from where I live.

@tifaia - It is pretty nice here if you don't mind all the rain. Right now is the perfect time to be here especially living in a place like Texas this time of year.

@Nefer - I'll definitely wear Cecil if Liliana wants to do that as well. The scales are probably going to take a little while on that armor. So did you finish Kain, or is that a cosplay in progress.

@Everyone : No progress this weekend, but I did go to JFest this weekend. It was a tiny con, but I did get some photos (didn't wear cosplay, though). I did enjoy my little trip to Canada, though. I don't really like going through border patrol very much. The Canadian border patrol was really trying to see if I was getting paid for the photography seeing all the equipment in my car. But here are the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...7630597064622/

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote