View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #2468
crimson_lotus

Name of Commissioner: MajesticLunacy / Emily Putscher

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.):
Juvia from Fairy Tale - full costume, without the boots. She offered to paint the boots for me, but I wanted to use the boots again in the future so I declined the offer.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...55647126_n.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
I believe I contacted her around March to see if she was free for commissioning. I needed it by August so I told her she had plenty of time to work on it. She started in June (after school ended) and finished in about two weeks. I was pretty happy she didn't wait until the last minute! I had time to look over my costume and make sure it fit properly.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
This is actually my first cosplay, so I was a bit worried about buying an outfit online, especially if it were made from some Chinese company and my measurements were wrong. Plus shipping would be ridiculous, so I tried commissioning with someone in the neighborhood (in the US was good enough for me).
so,
Pro: shipping wasn't crazy expensive. But that has nothing to do with the outfit. The costume itself was really great - exactly what I asked for (Juvia's manga version of the outfit, with a shorter skirt) and it was all adjustable in case something happened to fit me incorrectly. I do have to take in the vest a LITTLE bit, but otherwise the size fits perfectly.
As for the details, my favorite part of the outfit is the hand-painted waves on the skirt, as well as the construction of the hat, which I was worried would look weird because of the shape. Well, it doesn't look weird.
Also I was worried about coloring, because when I looked at other Juvia cosplays on the web I'd see all these different shades of blue. I honestly had nothing to be worried about, because she picked the perfect shade of blue. I think it also helped a lot that she was a Fairy Tale fan

Cons: None. I guess it would be better if it were free...unfortunately life doesn't work like that.

I will definitely contact her again for future projects. Just as a note, I'm an extremely picky person and wanted my cosplay to be spot-on (minus the skirt length). I wouldn't give such a lengthy review nor would I praise the commissioner this much if I didn't actually mean it. I'll even recommend her to a few of my friends!

Final Grade: A+
crimson_lotus is offline   Reply With Quote