View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #2469
crimson_lotus

Name of Commissioner: MajesticLunacy / Emily Putscher

Character commissioned and series/video game:
Juvia from Fairy Tail. Everything but the boots.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...55647126_n.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I contacted her early March and needed it by August, so I told her to take her time if needed. She started in June for school reasons, and finished in two weeks. The costume was done two months earlier than the deadline.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
PROS:
She's a Fairy Tale fan.

She is also fast, efficient, and detail oriented. I'm especially happy with the hand-painted waves on the skirt, as well as the way she made the hat. I was worried because the hat in the manga is a pretty awkward shape, but she pulled it off just fine. Another thing I was worried about was the color. She really managed to get the perfect shade of blue, which was very important to me because I wanted the costume to be as close to the real thing as possible. Other than me requesting a shorter skirt, I'd say it's pretty exact!

She was also very friendly and easy to get hold of, and replied within hours to any of my questions. She also told me straight up how she was going to make the costume when I first contacted her, which is really great if I had any objections beforehand.

Oh, and can't forget - she lives in the US so I didn't have to pay 50 dollars for shipping from China. That's a big plus for me. That and speaking English.

Cons: none.

But seriously, I'm a very picky person and, for paying around $200 dollars, expected my costume to be made a certain way - and I was very happy with the results. I think she did a wonderful job and I'm even planning on recommending her to my friends.

It was a pleasure working with her, and I hope this helps you all pick your commissioners!

Final Grade: A+
crimson_lotus is offline   Reply With Quote