View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
Asako021

I was so happy with how the masquerade went. I was chaperoning my younger sister who was the Princess Tutu cosplayer who danced to Michael Jackson. It was her first masquerade and first time I have ever chaperoned for an event like that. I was apprehensive that it would be a little tense backstage--however, I couldn't have been more wrong. All of the people who were competing and who were not competing were amazing and helpful. Everyone was so encouraging to one-another and it was probably one of the best competition atmospheres I have ever seen.

It was merely just coincidence about the ballet skits being close to one-another. My sis picked skit 18--since she wanted to end up in a half-way point of the masquerade. It seems that the other dancers had the same idea. Haha. Though it might have irked some of the audiences members all of the dancers very much enjoyed performing in close proximity of one-another. My sister was able to share her rosin with the rest of the dancers before they went on that stage--which was quite slippery if you were wearing pointe shoes.

All in all we had a great experience and plan on returning with something else.
If anyone knows a Deviantart account or FB for the one pointe dancer who had the beautiful wight wings please let me know. We forgot to exchange contact information with her before she left and we were quite upset.
Asako021 is offline   Reply With Quote