View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
ladysuki1289

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Hey everyone~!

I'm writing this review for the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, since I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try it out. What I like most about Maybelline's brand of BB Cream is that it has a variety of colors, which is good from me since I am chocolate-skinned and wearing BB Cream for the lighter folks makes me look like a white faced ghost.

Here is a link to the product at Target, where I purchased it: here
ANYWAY, I paid $7.44 for the BB Cream in Deep tone and here's my review:

What is BB Cream?

BB Cream is a Blemish Beauty cream, which means it has multiple purposes that make it an excellent addition to your make-up collection. This particular brand boasts 8 different uses: 1. Blurs imperfections, 2. Brightens, 3. Evens Skin Tone, 4. Smoothes, 5. Hydrates, 6. Enhances, 7. Protects with SPF and 8. It has no oils or heavy stuff

Does it really work?

I haven't been using it for a terribly long time, but I have noticed a difference in my face. The BB Cream is very light and easy to put on, but for 7 bucks, you wonder if this small tube of supposed miracle make-up is worth it. It definitely brightens up my face whenever I put it on, and with my combination skin, I haven't broken out from wearing it at all. So far, so good. The downside to the BB Cream is that I have parts of my face that are much more oily than others...so I've had to pat down my nose at least once during the day because it was so shiny. I'm sure if I put on a powder foundation with it, that shine might go away, but that shine happens with any make-up I wear so it doesn't have anything to do with the cream.

When applying remember that a little bit goes a very long way. I typically stay to the five dots rule: a dot for the nose, both cheeks, chin and forehead and then spread it out from there.

What are the uses?

BB Cream can be used as a base for your make-up or as the only make-up you put on for the entire day. I'm in the second category, as I really don't like the fuss and time, and it's excellent for all day coverage. Of course, I haven't noticed my freckles or moles get smothered by the cream either, but hey, I'm not trying to. Always, always, always WASH IT OFF AT NIGHT. Do not go to sleep with this on your face. It's still make-up, treat it like so. Wash with your cleanser, put on your regular mositurizer, etc BEFORE you put the BB Cream on and AFTER you take it off.

And there's my review! Any questions?

Last edited by ladysuki1289 : 08-16-2012 at 12:23 PM.
ladysuki1289 is offline   Reply With Quote