View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #142
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffel View Post
I've had this skit idea for a while and I just wanted to ask if it's in good taste...
I don't want to offend many fans or get booed off the stage! XD For an upcoming con, by sister and I are going to be crossplaying Hidan and Shikamaru from Naruto. For a skit, we were going to poke a little fun at the final battle they had (sorry, no chapter referance). We were going to have a huge lead up, like a Dragon Ball style "THIS IS IT!" couple of lines and then break into Finger Eleven's "Paralyzer" and have a dance off.
We really think it's funny...

Feedback, please?
I never got into Naruto, (The Big 3 never interested me) so I don't get the joke, but that is a skit, and if you are going to do a dance off and fight scene, do it well. Practice over and over until you can do it perfectly in your sleep, otherwise it'll look un-choreographed and like you have no clue what you're doing. Too often have I seen mediocre skit performers thinking they're original or funny by doing badly done random dancing. This goes for fighting as well. Your characters are professionals at fighting, right? So make them look professional.
Good luck!
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote