View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #40
Robert Hocker

Originally Posted by Danteisagenius View Post
Hey! I know I am new here and all, and don't know many people, but could anyone lend me a hand here? I really would value the input of people with a similar mindset (You know; Cosplayers!). Basically, I have no idea what I really want to do with my life and high school will be over in a year! I'll admit that I am a bit freaked out (Actually beyond a bit..). I have considered becoming a game artist, an information technologist, or even a UX designer, but honestly I have no clue. I really do not know of anything that makes me "happy," (besides cosplay, but lets face it; there's no cash in that!) so the whole " do something you love" thing is not applicable. Some people tell me to try community college first to find myself,but wont I then miss out on a ton of scholarships that could be used for a bigger university or college? So confused. All I know is that I want a low-stress decent job.. Anyone out there who has gone through a similar headache? Please share if you would!
I have multiple experiences with college. I have taken music theory, chemical engineering technology, electronics engineering technology, and other courses. All of these courses were used as hobby courses.
I would suggest pursuing your cosplay career. There are many courses for cosplayers including Graphics engineering for creating your own anime, computer graphics design, and other courses for creating anime, costumes [fashion creations], and other areas of interest. Clothing design and manufacture may also be considered. If you like cosplaying very much, follow the careers designed to enhance your cosplay career.
Robert Hocker
Robert_Hocker is offline   Reply With Quote