View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #63
Dasoro
Hibari Yu

Hi!

I've been attending AnimeFest for the past few years, and I'm glad that I was able to go this year!

Pros: Con set-up was similar to how A-kon was set up, so it was easy to navigate!
I also like the numerous tables that were set up on the second floor outside of the Dealer's Room for attendees to sit at and rest, eat, or chat with others.

Cons: I know this is the first year that AnimeFest was held at the Sheraton, so there are going to some issues. Here are my complaints:
1) Both Pre-Reg and On-Site lines were horrendously long. I stood in the Pre-Reg line on Friday afternoon for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and waited in the On-site registration line on Saturday afternoon for 3 hours (from 2PM to 5PM).

Possible solution (Pre-Reg): A 1 hour and 30 minute wait isn't that bad, it's the typical amount of time I've had to wait in line to get my badge. I really like the idea of having 1 long line that is later split into 5 separate lines in front of each desk, it seemed pretty efficient. Keep that up!

Possible solution (On-site Registration): The 3 hour long wait makes it the longest line I've waited in. I think the volunteer station near the end of the line to make people fill out paper work made it slower than if everyone was just handed the form and passed along pens. I think that splitting up the line into 5 lines in front of the desk would have made it faster instead of making just one long line.

2) The program flyer was printed in teeny tiny font, making it hard to read.
Possible solution: Larger font would be nice. A map of where Panel 1, 2, 3, etc. or Video 1, 2, 3 etc. would have be helpful to include.

Overall, the con was enjoyable, and I will be returning!
Lance Corporal Levi/Rivaille (Shingeki no Kyojin - 10%) | Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Orange Jumpsuit - 60%) | Tsubaki Nakatsukasa (Soul Eater - Male Version - 70%) | Kyoya Hibari (Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Gakuran Jacket - 50%)
| Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-Sama - Maji Love 2000% - 0%) Re-wear: Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-Sama -Debut - 100%)
Dasoro is offline   Reply With Quote