View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #64
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa07 View Post
I was severely ticked off about line management this year. Severely. There is no way, any con, at this point in time, should be juvenile enough to think that pre-reg and walk-ups should even be put in any sort of line together. I waited an hour and a half to get my little wrist-band. Yes, it's a newer con, but there are enough conventions out there, at this point, off of which to base an organsation model, especially for something so crucial as badge pick up.
Yeah my whole group was like "what the hell". Even though we've never run anything, it ought to be just be common sense... plus if you don't give anyone a reason to pre-reg (other than a slight discount), next year nobody will.

I think we ended up waiting around an hour to an hour and a half in that line... once it actually started to move (quickly), it wasn't that bad. But when we got to the end, they had someone who would quickly collect the barcode printout, hand us a wristband, and that was it. Whole process took maybe, 2 seconds? No scanning the barcode, no checking ID, nothing like that. I think if you didn't pre-reg, there was another line to wait in once you got inside, no idea how long that would have taken.

I'm starting to post the photos here:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/233144/
will post them on facebook and the other places once I've gone through them all.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote