View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
PeregrinTook

I don't use use duct tape to make things...in fact I don't usually make things at all. But this is turning out pretty well. I used about half a roll of duct tape, some cardboard, plastic bag, and one $7 can of Plasti-Dip. I got about 4 coats out of one can. It still maintained the texture of duct tape, but it's hard to tell where the individual strips were. At this point there's not much I'm going to do about changing materials (I had that done yesterday morning.) I'm going to get some more Plasti-dip to apply another 1-3 coats. I'll try to post some pictures later this week.

That being said, I need to make a Catwoman mask. Because I have experience with this I think this would be the better way to go. But unlike the Batman mask it doesn't go all the way around the head, it just slips on top (and doesn't have to be bendable.) That should mean I could use some solid putty or something to smooth it and then use the leftover Plasti-dip from the second can for the Batman mask to coat it (it wouldn't use nearly as much.) Any suggestions there?
PeregrinTook is offline   Reply With Quote