View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:50 AM   #1955
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer:

Wacom: As soon as I get some of the photos finished, I'll probably upload them to flickr as a new version of the photoshoot.

Jigsaw: I think the cheaper ones will work just fine for cosplay projects. Like anything, the prices can go up pretty fast. I believe mine was $50 when I got it 4 years ago and works like a charm.

Mascots: Thanks a lot for that tutorial. I was actually going a similar approach, but darting the fabric all over the place. I think this might work a bit better. As for the fat suit, I don't think it will have to be shown. It's mainly to be underneath mascots and what not. I can probably make it out of fabric that I have left over, to be honest. I have lots sitting around that I need to use.

Workout: That's good that you have been keeping up with the workout. It definitely takes dedication and motivation to keep going with it. I rode my bike for 40 miles a few days ago, but I need to go out again today. Well, I got quite busy with work and stuff. That's always the most difficult part of working out consistently - all the other obligations in life like work and what not.

Tape dummies: Spencer and I made our tape dummies on Tuesday, so I'll be sending his your way today. It ended up not being too difficult except cutting one another out of them. That requires some precision as not to cut into the skin. This should definitely help with some of the Cecil armor on the arms and legs.

Terra and Long Term Projects: Hopefully, you can get some shots of the updated Terra costume. I'm sure the new pieces will look really nice. I can definitely see fall being pretty nice for the costume. Of course for Terra, I think winter will be the best to get that Narshe feel. I'm really excited for the snow shot we have planned eventually. As for Gestahl, I'm hoping it won't take too long. It probably won't be as long as Dart for LoD is going to take.

Update: This fiberglassing is going pretty well, but is taking longer than expected. Of course that's the story for most things cosplay related. I plan on getting some more of it done today.

Something Dissidia Related: Sounds like you do have quite a few FF cosplays. I'm not sure what my next one after Gestahl is going to be, but I'll probably figure one out. Maybe Dark Knight Cecil or Setzer?

@Benihime: Welcome to the thread and I look forward to your progress. As Seifer said, I don't think I have seen anyone do the black version yet. I still need to lose about 30 more lbs myself, but have already lost the first 6 or 7 since the bike riding. It will be good to have another one in our fitness motivation group.

@MDA: I think the main thing about wings is remembering that they are on when going through door ways. For LoD, I'm looking into making an electric flapping mechanism, but we'll see. CoD is looking nice so far as well.

@Nefer: I think that is a different kind of resin, but I'm not so sure. I will be using that for some gems for Cecil. But it seems the epoxy resin is working well for my Pen Pen head.

@Liliana - hope you feel better soon.

@tifaia - that's good it wasn't so difficult. I suppose Rydia's hair style is pretty standard.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 09-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote