Thread: Vocaloid!
View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #6089
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtiger View Post
Out of pure curiosity, what do you fans think of the new vocaloids being released?

I think they are not letting other be as creative with them, by setting an ideal personality. One is also getting their own anime, Thoughts?
The ones from China? I hate that they made about six designs, but last I heard only one was getting a voice: the others were supposedly 'mascots'. There is no Vocaloid without a voice, mascot or not. Whether they've changed this or not, I have no idea.
I also don't like the idea about set personality, since that's what Vocaloid's about to me, and that's why their songs are able to have the variety they do: there's no limits with personality. Though, I doubt many people besides the very rule-dedicated will actually acknowledge this personality once they start to play with it. (I guess that's why it's called 'ideal')
Also, one getting their own anime? Whaaaaaat? At this point, it sounds like they're simply making characters that can be used as Vocaloids, not Vocaloids themselves. I don't think they really quite hit the mark or the reason Vocaloid exists, but, eh, I'll see how I feel about it when I truly encounter it. If I don't like them, I'll simply ignore them: Another shining point of Vocaloid.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote