View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #5431
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

(If you guys are spamming I'm spam-replying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
First cosplay ever, I cosplayed Grell...it was kind of a fail.
I attempted to cosplay Alois...it actually was a fail, so I'm currently trying to redeem myself in the world of Kuro cosplay.

My best friend really wants to cosplay Prince Soma, and I agreed to be her Agni (everyone else finds this funny because she and I are white as wonder bread and the two palest people in our cosplay group, but we love the characters.) I'm going to try surprising her with it for christmas, so I'll be sure to get some pictures
Yeeee~ :3 One of the cosplayers I look up to was recently Agni, though she is also white as wonder bread xD She borrowed some kind of makeup from her friend who's a Hannah cosplayer, so if you have any makeup worries, just ask and I'll give you their deviantArts~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I've avoided posting here for some reason or another. But.
I've done Grell, Alan, Ciel, Sebastian (for very special circumstances; I only do Sebastian on ice) and most recently...the Queen.
How much I hate to crossplay....it's insane. However; people keep requesting me to do it so...eventually I'll have to go the more traditional route and get something to match the anime. The current ballgown is strictly for that: balls. And I could write pages to how uncomfortable all those layers are. But I can safely say, it's one of the only times I've ever felt respected, even if people weren't fond of me.
My go to...despite a lot of critiscism is still Ciel. He was the first real cosplay I ever wore to a con....that I didn't have to dig out of my closet. He's much easier for me to connect with and...very very easy for me to slip into character, which isn't always a good thing. And it's just a plus that I'm a lot more comfortable with his clothes. I can safely say that I have many other versions planned.
I'm avoiding going back to Grell except for a possible indoor photoshoot or something to keep his poor wig from getting screwed.
That's...about it for my spam here I guess.
Your Queen is great o: I wish I could see it in person, same for Ciel, aside from last years' AWA, I haven't seen it really at all Dx (And I really wanna see the new version you did ;-; It looks great from the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai no Miko View Post
I'll add to the "spam" here I guess... I'm soon to be a Black Butler cosplayer, Sebastian to be exact, and to be honest I am not sure how to feel about it. I mean of course I am excited to be cosplaying one of my favourite characters, don't get me wrong, but I haven't cosplayed something fully "mainstream" since Edward Elric in 2006. I don't count my Kurama cosplay because while he was mainstream, I feel I did something enough to that cosplay to make it stand out enough from the scores and scores of other Kurama cosplayers in the Yu Yu Hakusho fandom. The reason I am so hesitant against mainstream is because I kind of feel like I don't have anything to make Sebastian "mine" at this point - well, I'll be specific, I have nothing to make him "mine" and still enjoy wearing the cosplay. I'm a sucker for his regular, plain jane, butler outfit, and that's the one of course that's been done the most. I know all of this probably sounds pathetic, but hey every cosplayer likes to stand out in some way right? I know I will still absolutely enjoy wearing this costume when I finally get everything together and finished, which will take another three weeks or so, but part of me is still really wishing I had heard of this series I year or so ago ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
I can think of one way to stand out, even in the default butler outfit: Practice your walk and mannerisms. This past weekend my husband pointed out this Sebastian cosplayer who was walking around, balancing a tray in one hand. They had it down pat and it was absolutely amazing.
I agree with the above about your problem; another thing is to find some tiny detail you really want to get right (seeing a Sebastian that actually has a pocketwatch as opposed to just a chain would be cool to me, for example) or some cool prop (I know of a Sebastian who had stuffed cats that they could attach to their coat with velcro, which was absolutely adorable), or try to get mannerisms and voice right (how a Grell cosplayer in our area who, honestly, looks nothing like Grell got absolutely ADORED by everyone).
It's little things that help, honestly, just be creative!

Meanwhile...today, I learned how to waltz (at a school dance no less). Now, I'm in a major Ciel mood, and really want to go ahead and get Ciel and Lizzie for girlfriend and I. That's a cosplay couple I've always wanted to do but never really had anybody to do it with, so now that I do I really want to get it done.
Also, thinking about it, I realize I'm much better suited for Ciel than anything else. Alois I'm just not energetic and outgoing enough for...I just have a small, round face and always look kind of pissed off/depressed unless I'm really happy or smirking (then I look evil; don't ask me why, I dunno xD), which works really well for Ciel. My right eye is smaller than my left (I have no clue why O_o), and, I just look better in shorts and spats than dresses or suits. Also, it's much easier for me to act cocky and just straighten myself into a pose that makes me feel important than to jump around and cling to people. Hmm. It's like I thought when I was first starting out, Ciel is, really, one of the best things for me to cosplay |D /thoughts ramble
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote