View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #1827
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-tective View Post
Hey guys. I could really use some help. I found a pant pattern for Mako's pants that are exactly like his. (Here's a pic. They're pant 'B'.)
http://images.patternreview.com/sewi.../7230/7230.jpg

Now, the major problem I'm having is I can't for the life of me find a suitable fabric for the pants. It has to have some stretch to it but nothing I found at Joanns seemed like it would work. Can anyone help me out here? I'd really appreciate it. And for some reason after I finished cutting the pattern out, the front pant leg piece is about an inch shorter than the back leg piece even though I cut them both on the corresponding line. Any tips on that as well?
Also, I see a lot of people using cotton (Kona perhaps?) for Mako's jacket but all the cotton fabric I find seems to thin for something like a jacket. UnlessI'mbeingsuperpickyoneverything.
Sew Classics Interlock WILL WORK. (I made Korra's top out of it and if you look at the way it stretches, it will work nicely) But if you want to know a secret, I am using a scrubs pattern for his pants, just making them shorter, and I use cotton. Kona is a high quality cotton and to be honest, don't get it on sale. Find coupons, because the most they sale for is around 25-30% SOMETIMES 40%. But the next sale is the Columbus day sale, so.. >>

Also, for his lining. Use a muslin. A thin muslin. The lining is a light light gray and instead of trying to find the right color, a thin bleached muslin will show the gray of the jacket through and it should work nicely. (As far as your pattern question, I truly don't know ;_; )

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote