View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #56493
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm a little late to the party but on the topic of ballet....
I love ballet and I'm very glad that I now go to the best ballet school in the area. But since I essentially started late and didn't get as much as I should have at all the competition schools I've been to, I was really out of place when I first started. All these girls are far more serious about ballet than me and a lot spend twice as much time at the studio as I do. But I like it nonetheless because once I had gotten past the initial "holy crap how the hell do I do all of this?!" I was able to focus more on my technique, getting combinations and really learning and started to improve. And truthfully, if I had it any other way, I wouldn't be where I am now (I mean, I'm still not that great but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was a year ago). I guess I'm just a competitive and/or jealous person, and I really wanted to be one of those people always getting compliments or little corrections and sometimes asked to demonstrate.

I had a little moment in my unset class earlier where I just told myself that I WILL try as hard as I can and I did that much better, in one of the classes I usually did the worst in.

Yeah, ballet is a huge commitment in terms of time and effort and is painful, but it's so rewarding to me when I am finally able to do things the right way. It feels good, and I feel beautiful, as cheesy as that sounds.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote