View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
I'm going to have to maintain my opinion that being in a populated area where most people are decent human beings is better than going down a dark alley in someplace like downtown New York.

Yes, there are assholes and creeps at conventions, but there are more non-assholes plus security every corner, at least at the conventions I attend. At the cons I go to, security is very good at their job, and I've only ever run into one creep out of the thousands of people I've seen there.
Even so, like I said, I know how to handle myself. I make sure to be with a trusted friend at all times. If someone makes me uncomfortable, I tell them to back off. If they don't or they try anything, I scream, kick, punch, run, find security, call 911, etc.. I keep a charged phone on me at all times. Yada yada.
Downtown New York is a populated area where most people are decent human beings.

I agree though that I've usually felt pretty safe in a convention. Worse comes to worse and there's someone creepy or even dangerous, I can make a scene and it'd become hard for the person to get away with it.

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote