View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #1964
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MDA - Good luck with that! That's too bad about CoD. Hopefully you can figure it out.

@Seifer -

Fat Suit: The suit arrived a couple days ago. As for blending the fat in, I'm thinking maybe I could do something underneath the costume like stuffing it in that area. Not sure how I will do that yet, but we will see.

Workout: It's good to hear that you have been able to do something every day. I've been doing mostly dog walks, but not as much in the way of biking - one reason being the temperature change. The temperature change is very nice, though. I generally feel better and more motivated in general in cooler temperatures. It's difficult to keep workout as a top priority when work is like it is - but I must.

Tape Dummies: Good that the tape dummy should work. As for the Terra wig, hopefully you were able to find another pair of scissors. Was it where the two blades were connected? I've done that a few times before...

Long Term Projects: Ooops. I forgot to cut and paste the link. Let me go find it again. Here it is... http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8311/8...bcc4e330_c.jpg Something similar to that with fall colors could be cool.

That was really sad how the Empire thought of Terra as just being a tool and nothing else. And as I said before, it appears Terra resisted being used as a weapon so I've always respected her for that.

When I would see Gestahl's sprite, I always thought he did look like a dog - maybe on purpose. It would be funny for me to pose with a Shih Tzu. That's very true about 101 Dalmatians. It's been so long since I saw that. Thanks for asking Eric about the aging makeup and tell him thanks. No rush on that though since it's going to be a bit before doing that. That's a good point about men and makeup. It probably simpler besides the fact that we generally have less experience with it. Not knowing about this, where are contour shadows applied and how?

Fiberglass: Spencer and I are going to work on it all day today and hopefully get lots done with our costumes. As for stress - I have to say right now doing this is probably less stressful in comparison to other things going on - my current job and getting a new job. I'm always happy to be able to work on cosplay projects in the midst of all that when I can.

Something Dissidia Related: It probably also has to do with the Dark Knight label for Cecil that we recall batman. Like Paladin Cecil, I don't remember Wayne looking as muscular without the batman suit on. As for Batman, Joker is probably my favorite Villain. Of course, Kefka pretty much is the Joker in a sense.

Your Cosplay Updates: Were you able to paint the armor this weekend? I look forward to pictures of that. I also hope to have a picture of the completed Pen Pen head soon. I have always heard that Resin casting is a very finicky process in terms of the silicone rubber and the actual casting. I guess it's all about mixing things right. Were you able to try the liquid stuff yet? Let me know how that goes. As for Cecil, his jewels are pretty standard shape so that was nice.

Sabin: Having the armor for one arm and leg armor sounds like a good idea. As for Sabin being a muscley mountain man, didn't Terra say something like "A body builder that strayed from his gym." I always laughed at that line when I played it. So is Edgar pretty much finished, then? I'm excited to be able to join you guys as Gestahl. I also eventually want to do Setzer, but that will be a while.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote