View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Okay, folks! Meant to post part two last night, but I got a little sidetracked (which may or may not be a recurring pattern in my life ). So here it is, the part of your makeup that'll always stand out the most and really sell the illusion: the eyes!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
*Eyeshadow (Two of the same color--one lighter shade, one darker--and one pure white)
*Eyebrow pencil (Preferably matching the color of your wig)

1) Draw on the eyebrows. This can be one of the toughest parts about doing your makeup, if only because it can be a real chore to make your eyebrows even. A lot of drug stores offer eyebrow stencils in their cosmetics section, and I can NOT stress enough how much these help when you're just starting out. I would recommend when using the stencils, take your white eye shadow and use that to draw on the initial shape of the brows. That way, if you make a mistake or they're too crooked, you can easily wipe it away or just powder over it. Once you've gotten a shape that you're content with, fill the white in with the eyebrow pencil matching your wig color. It's important to keep in mind that when you're drawing on the eyebrows, you want them to arch a little higher than your actual eyebrows. The bit of an arch really helps distinguish a male character from a female character.

2) Highlighting the eye. We're going to break this process down a little, because it's much easier when you focus on one task at a time. On the brow bone, just beneath where your drawn on eyebrow arches, you're going to fill in the space with white eye shadow and then blend it in. This step helps highlight the area, and draws attention away from your natural brow line. You're also going to brush the white eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye, a little bit above and below the tear duct. Again, this helps highlight the eyes.

3) Using the lighter shade. This part is actually pretty easy, especially if you watched a friend or family member do it themselves. You're going to take the basic shade of eye shadow you want to use and apply it on the entire lid. Make sure, as always, that you blend it out. Blending helps the makeup look a little more natural.

4) Using the darker shade. And this part can be a little tricky if you're not familiar with it. Basically, starting from the inner portion of the eye, you're going to trace the area underneath your brow bone from just above the tear duct to the other corner of your eye in an arch.

Here's a little diagram of what it should look like, with the number of the step corresponding to the makeup. Again, once I get an opportunity this or next week, I'll get together a video showing you all these steps at once. n_n

Finally, a general tip: Fake eyelashes help tremendously. I know a lot of guys have long, natural lashes. But trust me, you're portraying a fictional character. No matter how long and thick your actual lashes are, her lashes are much more exaggerated. A lot of drug stores carry them, and it's especially easy (and cheap!) to buy them around Halloween time.

That's all for now! Next time: Lips!

Last edited by Apple Adams : 10-14-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote