Just a quick update, I'm sending my pants back tomorrow for the correct color. Also, my shirt and vest arrived. The vest will need a little modification, not only to attach the actual hard armor parts, but also to change the shape. It's much too wide at the bottom, so I'll have to trim that part off.
Now, for the helmet progress
. I got the rim portion fiberglassed and cleaned up, but I somehow managed to skew the dimensions during the fiberglassing process. After test fitting it, I've determined that it is much too big for my head. As a result, I've decided to completely remake the helmet with a slightly smaller scale. It's a little on the small side this time, but with a little sanding to curve the edges of the polygons, it should fit quite nicely. I triple checked the dimensions against the specs before, during, and after the initial fiberglass attempt and everything looks like it's within a few millimeters. I just need to add another layer, and clean it up, and test fit it before I start working on the dome, and then attaching the pieces. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. I'll take some, and then update the thread on Friday or Saturday with my progress thus far.
Only 21 days to Halloween!