- I try to keep thrifted costumes between $20-$40 MAX budget
- Not everything has to be purchased from a thrift store. Digging items and parts out of your own closet, someone else's closet, the basement, attic, etc for free also counts as thrifting
- It takes time. You can't get everything you want on short notice, you have to have the time to return to the store several times after stock delivery, or travel to many stores, and be patient
- Spend time regularly at flea markets, even when you don't have a costume in mind
Here's a pic of the genderbent Black Widow costume my bf made for about $30 overall: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7126/7...d24d03bf_b.jpg
- combination of thrift store clothes we altered, borrowed boots, old toy guns, and cheaply made holsters and straps
Costume Con - Kili in a dress
Atomic Lollipop - Come visit me at the Make-Your-Own-Button free craft booth!
Polar Chill - check out my costume DIY panel and workshop
FanExpo - Iron Man Mark VII version 2, Pacific Rim Jaeger pilot?
FanExpo - fem!Iron Man Mark VII - The Iron Man Armor Project
Atomic Lollipop - Vanellope von Schweetz; raver!Sailor Mars