View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #1966
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Fat Suit: I did try on the fat suit. I think I may end up trying to take away a bit of fat as well in the waist area. Maybe a combination of both adding some to the suit and taking away will work. That will be my next thing to do in this project once the head is done.

Workout: Trying describes my situation as well, lol. I'm hoping to go bike riding today in between working on cosplay stuff. We'll see. It's supposed to start raining again, so I don't know.

Scissors: Same here. I do have my one pair of nicer fabric scissors that are probably due for some sharpening and then several pairs of cheapo ones for cutting other things. Many times I end up breaking the plastic handles when I put too much force into it.

Fall shoot: Does that place in Oregon (keep forgetting the name of the park) look pretty nice in the fall? I really like the wide angle shots to show off the background environments. A similar method was used for the Serah from FF13 in the cathedral shots you once showed me.

Terra: I definitely could sympathize with Terra more than other characters. Like you said, I think it's because she put in more effort to get out of a bad situation rather than just whining about it.

I'll have to figure out how to find someone with the Shih Tzu. It would be funny for a "Gestahl, the dog lover" photo considering his personality. Thanks again for the tutorial. On one of the Acksonl videos, it seemed like I saw someone pull off Old Snake from MGS4 pretty well with aging.

Fiberglass: The head was a pretty daunting and complex task and I just have a little bit left that I'm hoping to finish today. I just need to sew some more of the fabric together. I really do like how it's coming out though. I hope to have some pictures on FB soon.

Something Dissidia Related: I think Bruce Wayne was worked out, but nothing like Arnold that his Batman suit would suggest. As for the Joker and Kefka picture, you are in luck. I did take one at San Japan in 2010 - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8191/8...e68f0b27_b.jpg This was before I had my dSLR camera. They both did their laugh at the same time so everyone could hear it. It was hilarious!

Cosplay Updates: Your bracers looked really nice that you posted yesterday. The new ones look much crisper than the old ones - even though the old ones looked nice too. As I said earlier, Pen Pen progress photos should be around the corner. I'll also show some making of photos with the final product. I must have had 20 or so pieces to sew together over the head. The lego set sounds like a good idea - never would have thought of that. But like you said - it's expensive. Anything on Ebay?

Sabin: Terra had a sense of humor here and there (another reason I like her) unlike some other characters from different games. Zidane and Garnet definitely did too. What kind of wig did you end up getting? A sword for Edgar could definitely be cool. Another cool weapon to do would be his BioBlaster. It seemed like I used that quite a bit. As soon as Cecil and Raku is done is when I plan to dive head first into Gestahl and Zora Link. As for Setzer, probably sometime after that. There isn't too much armor for Setzer, but lots of sewing. He does have a CG reference though. Another one for scarves and Bullion trim - http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../55/Setzer.png

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote