View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
DerpNinja

New 52 Poison Ivy

Sooo, this will be my first cosplay costume. I'm planning on going to the 2013 San Diego Comic Con. I've one or two more costume ideas, but I wanted to finish this one first.

I fell in love with the new Poison Ivy look, and it looked simple enough to give it a go. The base is a flat-black lycra suit I bought off the interwebz. All the leaves are either plastic or fabric ivy that I cut off of fake branches. I just got a whole bunch from Michaels, very cheap, a lot of different styles and sizes.

At the moment, I'm just hot-gluing all the leaves to the suit. It's a little time-consuming, and since I don't have a maniquin, I have to wear it while I glue them on. A couple YEOUCH moments and I've worked out a system that is only slightly uncomfortable. So far, hot-glue is working well. The leaves and suit hold together well, even when handled a little less than carefully.

I attached the picture, and if that works out I'll post some more a little later. If it doesn't, this is the URL to view it: http://www.therpf.com/members/derpni...m-happy-so.png

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ivy costume.jpg (81.4 KB, 0 views)
DerpNinja is offline   Reply With Quote