View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Henrickson

Lightbulb Photographers gathering 2013 (Friday 10 pm @ the gazebo)

Hi!

I've seen some at a few cons already: gatherings of cosplay/convention photographers. There was one at Katsucon last year.

I organized one at Otakon 2012 and it was quite successful! Inspired by this success, I hereby propose a Photographers gathering at Katsucon 2013 on Friday, February 15th at 10:00 pm, meeting up at the gazebo. If that spot is occupied, then we'll use the fountains downstairs.

Facebook Event for the gathering
Group shot of the Photographers gathering at Otakon 2012

The gazebo is a very known "landmark" of the Gaylord hotel, and is very hard to miss. Everyone should be able to find it easily if they've never seen it before or never been there.

Anime cons attract a lot of cosplay & convention photographers. Katsucon in particular attract some of the best in the U.S., Canada and other countries. This gathering could serve as a networking opportunity for us camera wielders! I'm open to meet both new and seasoned cosplay/convention photographers. I don't know if there'll be a Cosplay Photography panel at the con, but at this casual gathering we could discuss (after introducing ourselves to each other, of course) tips & tricks of shooting at conventions, share locations for photoshoots, talk about interactions between cosplayers & photographers, etc. This meetup could be very informative for the newer, less experienced of us, learning directly from the more seasoned ones (like me).

I chose Friday because it's an early day in the convention weekend, and 10 pm because most photographers aren't expected to have scheduled shoots at this time. Please feel free to show each other the photos you took on that day, exchange contact info, take shots of the whole group, etc.

I hope this gathering will be successful and beneficial to everyone who'll attend it. If you have any comments or questions, please ask.

Outfits 2014:
All-black cosplay photographer attire | Black & green cosplay photographer attire | Tan & brown cosplay photographer attire

* Anime North 2014 plans *
* Convention photojournalist for ConsPlayers.com | Staff Photographer for Montreal Comiccon and Nadeshicon *
Henrickson is offline   Reply With Quote