View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Nostrum
R4Hscal

I really like the colour scheme. I've seen too many Mandos these days with over the top schemes that really detracts from the costume.

In regards to Penlowe's comments, I completely disagree. In canon there have been numerous female Mandalorians that have disguised themselves as males. In comic and in Traviss' books, there are female Mandos who's armour is indistinguishable from the males. And this was actually to help stop them being picked out in battles.

As far as critique goes, the only thing I would suggest is upgrading the fur that you have wrapped around your waist. Try finding a leather store that sells strips of hide that haven't had the fur stripped. If you were in Australia, I'd suggest getting a roo tail, as most of our leather stores have tonnes of them.
To me, it's too obvious that it's faux fur. If you get real fur, as well, it'll have more of a mottled colour and texture to it. If you do keep the fur you've already got, I'd suggest weathering it, and maybe even (incredibly carefully, due to the synthetic fiber) a singe here and there.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote