View Single Post
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #74
Prince With No Crown
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
I think this kinda goes for any fandom, though. I've been cosplaying MakubeX from GetBackers for a while now and would rarely get recognized. (Granted, he is a minor character, tho'.) I had a friend who cosplayed another character from the same series and we got a couple more people recognize us. Added a third at one con and got lots of love.
This is true, too, I've just seen it be a bit extreme with Black Butler. As in, even if you have the best costume of the convention, most people expect you to have a Sebastian at your side to boot, and if you don't, people seem to get a bit disheartened or seem to have the need to find one for you.
While this hasn't totally scared me off (since I've had a VERY kind cosplayer I look up to say she would cosplay with me since her group is fizzling out as the members become disinterested) it does get a bit irksome that that's what it takes to get recognized or noticed for your effort. I don't know, it might just be because that's one thing I've cosplayed the most, but Black Butler seems to have one of the worst problems with that (and a subtle sense of elitism, but this isn't the thread for that)
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.

Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote