View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #180
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Yes inside the bones. ^_^ It's much more theatrical that way.

I used to have a t-shirt with a half eaten fish and brightly coloured head a fin that gave me the idea (literally loved that shirt to death). The tail I'll start with a pretty shade and add layers of rot to it, so making some tail bone protrusions sound fun idea as well.

I have not done a strictly "Haloween" costume since I've been in high-school.
Oh, that's going to be so neat. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I can see what you mean with whether or not you can fit into the bones. The lower rib cage might not be an issue because there isn't really much other than skin to work around but in bust area, there's well, bust. Binding might help, but that removes the womany curve of a mermaid...hmm.... adding in an addition section of rib so it curves around, but that would have to connect somehow. Umm....oh, if you are going to use the top part of the pattern, you could always make it like the classic mermaid bra style topl, stop the bones just under that, and then continue them on above the neckline of the top as if it was continous. You could have some bone hanging out of the top too, to make it look like it was actually underneath?

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote