View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Baku-Bug
A bug named Baku

Becoming the God of Mischief (Loki; Avengers Cosplay)

Oh dear God, what am I getting myself into?

So I've decided to embark on the massively epic journey of cosplaying as Loki from The Avengers. Actually, technically speaking, you could say I'm doing two Loki cosplays; one from The Avengers, and one from Thor (Frost Giant Loki, thank you very much. But this is a discussion for later)

Anyway. My sewing skills are no where high enough to actually construct this one my own. Unfortunately, and I know that I won't be able to make it on my own and have it ready for next October (Anime Banzai, anyone?!) Especially because I'm pursuing a total of five cosplays. Yikes. So my plan is this. Commission the basic costume, or find one online elsewhere, and then craft all props and weapons by myself; the helmet, the scepter, and the armor. I still want to contribute to my own cosplay after all, more than just wearing it.

So I ask a tiny favor.

Do any of you know where I could buy a good quality Loki cosplay?

I've seen at least one that's over a thousand dollars. I'm sure it's wonderful, but please don't point me to it. If it's over $300, then I'd rather not ^^; Possibly a bad decision on my part. Also, if you know of anyone who I could possibly commission to do this for me, that would be equally amazing, actually...That would be preferred. Thank you for your time!
Baku-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote