View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #903
sarg3_5laught3r

Sadly, just guzzling protein does not make one beefier, or else I would be full He-Man status. You really need to buckle down and do the hard work. It'll suck at first, but it will get better, and then you will start to love it. I go to the gym 3 times a week, 30-40 min. a session, and I split my regiment up in to: Mon - chest/biceps, Wed - back/tricepts, Fri - legs/core. I do legs and core on friday so I have longer to recover through the week, being the largest muscle groups in the body.

As for nutrition, I usually have a bowl of oatmeal with chopped almonds, raspberries, and chocolate whey powder mixed in so it doesn't taste like sawdust. The oats and things added to the oats give me good carb fuel for my exercise without loading my system with processed garbage. The MOST important thing is post-workout nutrition. Your muscles have been broken down and torn apart and in the next 30min to an hour after your workout, they are rebuilding, so for mass you need to down some good fats, carbs, and around 100+g of protien. My übershakes tend to do it: Bolthouse shake (30g), whole milk (15g), 2 scoops when powder (50g), 2 scoops peanut butter (15g), 2 scoops vanilla icea cream (no protein, but good fat source). Also keep in mind you will need to down an ungodly level of calories. I am doing probably 3500-4000 calories a day.

and the payoff? I ripped one of my shirts getting dressed the other day :P
Captain Jack Harkness - COMPLETE

Punisher - Marvel NOW! - 25%
sarg3_5laught3r is offline   Reply With Quote