View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoganei1328 View Post
If you are looking for a software that is easy to utilize, then I recommend the one created for Pfaff, and Husqvarna Viking. They run around 2000 dollars for this very crazy software (I will get this some day). I've seen it demonstrated to me, and if there is a dealer near you, I highly recommend that you purchase through them because they will give you the lessons you need to learn how to fully utilize your software. That software program will do as you like, take a stock image photo, and digitize it for you with a few clicks of the mouse, to designing your own embroidery patterns. It allows you to view your design on the fabric type, as well as thread conversion, giving you the exact thread color numbers from different brands of your choosing, and step by step thread change out.

if you get a program like that, they can usually adapt and convert to any embroidery file of your choosing for the machine that you own. These programs, may be designed for a specific machine, but they give you the option of configuring them to say a brother embroidery machine, or a singer futura as well as for say the Pfaff Designer Diamond, or Husqvarna Viking Designer series machines.

so my own recommendation to you, is to invest in the program, and you can utilize a cheaper machine than the one the sales person is trying to push on you because the files convert.

I dont know about the current machines now, and how amazing they are, but mine has an adapter for the laptop directly to the machine for embroidery purposes. I'm sure they are wireless now......
lol I've seen a demo of that software too. I drooled because they have a new one for Mac OSX and it looks beautiful. But I don't know who can afford software for home that costs $2k. It's likely for business use, or someone very very passionate about their hobby and would make enough use out of it. The price tag seems ridiculous to me. Embird is more affordable at about $150 for the license, plus you can try it for 30 days or 100 hrs free, but I found it hard to learn.

Personally I don't think it makes sense to say buy the software and get a cheaper machine. Besides, how much cheaper is the machine going to be? You'd be pretty hard pressed to find anything of worth under the $1000 price tag. I went to a trade show where machines were being sold directly from the manufacturers for average 50% off the MSRP and couldn't find anything under $1000. Maybe if you were lucky and found something used, you could get one for less. Without even talking about software, though, be prepared to spend at least $1000-$1500 on the machine alone. Some brands start at $3000. It's a pretty hefty investment, but don't get me wrong, it's very rewarding.

Plus, a cheaper machine is not going to stitch as nicely, so what's the point of buying this $2000 software to make your own pretty designs, and have the machine do a crappy job? Making a nice embroidery file does not help if your machine is not going to physically stitch it out as nicely.

If you just want your company logo in an embroidery design, you don't have to do it yourself. There are services out there who will do it for you for a price, and you just have to pick the one within your budget. A lot goes into digitizing embroidery, and unless you buy that $2000 software, it's very hard to do yourself when just starting out.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs

Last edited by dizzymonochrome : 10-26-2012 at 10:20 AM.
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote