View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Just call me Scott (^_^)
Press badges and other photographer related options.

So what options are out there for us in regard to more than just a simple admission badge?

In the past, I've found normal convention badges to be a bit too restrictive for my liking; some conventions much more than others.

This year I applied for a press pass to Chicago Comic Con and was accepted. Everything went pretty well too. The idea came from the convention photographer ( ) I met at Anime Central early in the year.

Some conventions only offer press/media badges to organizations, so at the moment I can't apply to those. My internet presence is mostly a solo deal, but I did start a website with two other photographers recently.

There are some positives and negatives. Not being hassled in general and allowed into concerts and things is a much welcomed benefit, but on the other hand, cosplaying at a convention I received a press pass to would be a bad idea. It also seems a lot more like work because there is generally some type of requirement like writing articles or offering up photos to the convention afterward.

Have you have any experience with this?
Facebook Page,
sukotsuto is offline   Reply With Quote