View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've naturally got pretty thick legs since I'm short and pretty stockily built (like many here have said, genetics and your bone structure does play a significant part. And much of the time people who's thighs don't touch are very, VERY thin, which isn't exactly healthy), but I've found so far that exercisees working the inside of your legs like ballet (or exercises taken from), lunges, squats done in a sort of split- I forget if they have a name besides a ballet pliť- and laying leglifts on your side so you're lifting from the inside of your leg, are a big help. And if you can go to a gym, those hip adductor/abductor machines. I take ballet twice a week myself and it's certainly worked wonders on my legs.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote