View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
bunny_Bri

I have a suggestion but, I have a feeling it won't be a popular one.

Believe me I understand where you are coming from. I work 8-9 hours a day too, but, my commute to and from work is 1.5 hours (thanks in part to living in L.A.) so now I'm out of the house 12 hours of the day. I also go to school part time and have homework. To top it all off I do live on my own so household chores and cooking are something I have to do for myself. I still manage to work on cosplay and squeeze in anime time...so clearly for me it wasn't about not having the time but, needing to manage my priorities.

If you truly want to work off the extra fluff and become more fit, you'll have to take a good hard look at the way you manage your time while you are not at work and see where you can squeeze in 30 minutes. For me I was unwilling to cut in cosplay time but, anime time 3 times a week could be held off. Instead of watching my latest anime right before going to bed, I turned in an extra 30 minutes early and got up 30 minutes early to get my workout in then.

I'll be honest the first two weeks suck but, then it just becomes part of your routine. It's helped me shed some unwanted pounds and it's also given me an energy boost in my day. The hype is true, it's gets me up and going, gets the blood racing and makes me feel ready for the day. It's not for everyone. My boyfriend prefers to work out in the late afternoon or evening. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude to do it in the morning. *shrug* Different strokes for different folks. The real test is find that uninterrupted 30 minutes in your day, telling yourself that you are worth it, and then just gritting your teeth and just do it.

Trust me, you'll never regret a workout.