Thread: Magfest 2013
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
Lunairetic
is banned from the Epoch!

I'm going!! DEFINITELY will be cosplaying as Marle from Chrono Trigger again! And hopefully I will have some other Chrono Trigger cosplayers with me too!

Looks like I'll also be part of a Final Fantasy V cosplay group as well, so I'll have Freelancer and/or Dancer Lenna with me, along with a Faris and Bartz.

And I'm going to do my best to finish Alice from Shadow Hearts in time for MAGFest too!

Might consider bringing Sophia from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time as well. I'll have to see.

So basically, I'll be bringing all my comfortable yet obscure video game costumes to wear! XD

For anyone considering cosplaying to MAGFest, I'd suggest to skip the complicated and tiring-to-wear costumes for your favorite comfy costumes. <3 MAGFest is definitely more about the concerts and playing video games, NOT cosplay, so costume for comfort to this con! :P If you have any video game costumes of obscure characters or from obscure games though, wear them! Attendees are all HUGE video games nerds like we are, so most likely there will be at least a handful of people who will recognize and appreciate your costume. Which is probably my FAVORITE thing about cosplaying to MAGFest!

@Toni the Mink: what have you heard about cosplaying to MAGFest?! I've always cosplayed since I first started attending back in 2010, and I've always had a lovely time of it! Not very many people cosplay though... so if it makes you feel self-conscious to be one of the only people wearing a costume, you might want to skip it. Likewise if you are a cosplayer who cosplays mostly for photographs and attention. You won't be getting many people fawning over you at MAGFest which is why I'd save all your "show costumes" for a different con. That's just my take though.

I had TONS of fun last year cosplaying Marle especially! Hardly anyone recognizes the character at anime conventions (or even at Dragon*con ;_; ), but it seemed like everyone knew about Chrono Trigger at MAGFest and I had the MOST AWESOME AND NERDY conversations EVER! XD Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time so that was kind of a big deal for me. I'm hoping that by wearing some of my other more obscure character costumes that I'll be able to meet some other fans of Final Fantasy V, Shadow Hearts, and Star Ocean Till The End of Time, because I hardly know anyone who has played those games, and it would be JUST SO NICE to meet other fans and be able to have some drinks and have kick ass conversations about my favorite under-appreciated games!

Convention Itinerary For 2012 & 2013:

Anime USA
MAGFest
Katsucon
Otakon
Dragon*Con

Last edited by Lunairetic : 11-07-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Just noticed Toni the Mink's comment after I had already posted! Felt the need to post a response, lol
Lunairetic is offline   Reply With Quote