View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #127
Captain Kittens
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
I am furious at the Holiday Inn East (the one near the con).

I booked a room way back in June. I was told no rate was available. When will the rate be available? "I don't know, probably sometime in December," says the lady on the phone line.

Each month, I phone back (sometimes twice a month), asking if any rooms are available at the Anime North rate. The person on the other end says the exact same thing.

So, this morning, I call, and guess what? The lady tells me that the rate has been available since June (a.k.a. when I originally booked the room) and now all the rooms at the AN rate are sold out!

This is totally stupid. Man, I could use so much profanity here to let you all know how angry I am. I booked my room back in *JUNE*, right after the last con, and there was a rate available then, and the incompetent staff somehow messed up. So now I'm pretty much screwed.

I got a room at the Crowne Plaza, but I really don't like that hotel much... small rooms and that steep hill to climb up. No Sheraton, either... had that hotel for this year's AN, and it's way too expensive. I could have gotten the Doubletree, but I hate their room policy (even if it's understandable) and constantly getting stuck in overcrowded elevators. I managed to get a king at the Radisson, this year... hopefully a friend of mine will be willing to share a bed. As for other hotels, I'm not going to waste my time/energy at the con walking (I'm usually completely drained to the point of being sick at the end of AN as is... I was so completely drained this year that I was really sick by the end of Sunday).
How large is the difference in host from AN rate to regular rate? I thought at the Holiday Inn there was very little difference in price.
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote