View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupinTheBored View Post
IF you can't shoot it with 5 FPS, it's not the camera :P... Pros started the digital revolution shooting with cameras like this 2,700,000 pixel sensor with a whopping 1600 ISO limit, and could hit a maximum of 4.5 FPS with its motor drive.

By little ISO improvement... you mean effectively an additional half stop of LESS NOISE? Honestly Surfsama, if 25,600 isn't a high enough ISO, you're either a journalist or sports shooter who shoots crazy things, or you're doing it wrong ;P.

You have twice as much vertical resolution as those journalists not so long ago, faster frames per second, as well as 4x MORE stops of light from your high ISO. That's EIGHT times more light.

If you can't shoot it with 25,600, you're doing something wrong ;P.

and unfortunately you've fallen in to the marketing hype with the number of sensors, it's really mostly the cross types that matter.

And don't get me started on the DCS that you couldn't use above ISO 800- or it wasn't very pretty. Many of Nikon's greatest cameras had less than 15 sensors, until recent years.

The legendary F6... has 11.

It's sad that Nikon had to give in to the marketing... because I guarantee you won't see a big difference in focus between a D600 and D300s.

And when have you honestly EVER shot over 1/4000th of a second, and weren't just using some ridiculous aperture at the time?

Edit: It doesn't really matter though, because what's the difference between 1/8000th of a second an ISO100 and 1/4000th of a second and ISO 50. =none. There is almost nothing you are going to shoot that really needs that extra shutter speed ;P.

Why would you shoot low res RAW? Just shoot a JPEG in that situation....

If you want to shoot small raw (9MP), shoot a D700, if you want medium (20MP) shoot a D3x) Why would you buy a 36mp camera, and not intend to use all the pixels when you shoot RAW? That's what I'd like to know ;P.

Are you sure you've actually used that D700? Cause I'm telling you man, that's not the ISO limit of it ;P...

So wait, you're complaining that ISO 6400 isn't a big enough upgrade, but the 204,800 ISO of the D4 isn't good enough for you? Did I just get punked lol? I think we're in a no fact zone here lol >.>.
Hi Lupin,
I understand that sometimes people have comprehension problems so let me restate the topic of this thread:

Anyone want to share their opinions/thoughts on these Nikon model offerings

If I wanted a line-by-line opinion about what I THOUGH of these cameras I would have stated that upfront. Comprehension man - it's not just for book reports.

So, if you want to answer the question I posed:

What is your opinion/thoughts on the c-a-m-e-r-a-s

Not what's your opinion about my opinion.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote