View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
LupinTheBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfsama View Post
Hi Lupin,
I understand that sometimes people have comprehension problems so let me restate the topic of this thread:

Anyone want to share their opinions/thoughts on these Nikon model offerings|
I'm sorry that by not mentioning these C-A-M-E-R-A-S- by name, you have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'll explain it so you know which ones these are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupinTheBored View Post
if 25,600 isn't a high enough ISO
This is referring to the D3, D700, D600 (as well as the D800/e) of course. These are the only FX cameras with that ISO as a limit, which also happen to be three of your four mentioned cameras. And obviously there are DX sensors with that sensitivity, but we're not talking about the 7000 here, are we?

Quote:
D600

I don’t like the... 39 point AF
Quote:
and unfortunately you've fallen in to the marketing hype with the number of sensors... because I guarantee you won't see a big difference in focus between a D600 and D300s.
and that was referring to the D600 (which has 39 sensors of course) and the D300 (which has 51, duh.), Also talking about C-A-M-E-R-A-S- here.

Quote:
have you honestly EVER shot over 1/4000th of a second
&
Quote:
It doesn't really matter though, because what's the difference between 1/8000th of a second an ISO100 and 1/4000th of a second and ISO 50
If you have shot with the D700 like you said, I would imagine you'd know what its minimum ISO is? But I could be wrong. You may never shoot under 3200 for all I know.

FYI, the nikon D600 shoots at 1/4000th of a second max, which YOU specifically mentioned, so my apologies for figuring you'd understand my reference there.

Also, I was comparing it to the D700, ie, YOUR camera. Which you compared nearly all of these to. If you don't want it in this discussion, wherein you seem to want people's input about what's the best upgrade from the D700, then you shouldn't mention your camera at all in the first place.

The D600 shoots min ISO 50. AGAIN, here I am speaking about C-A-M-E-R-A-S-. in this case the D700 versus the D600; although admittedly these are cameras that you seem to know very little about.

Quote:
If you want to shoot small raw (9MP), shoot a D700, if you want medium (20MP) shoot a D3x) Why would you buy a 36mp camera, and not intend to use all the pixels when you shoot RAW?
Again, here you were complaining about no S-Raw files? lol? I mentioned viable alternatives, which, without having to really think at all, also include the D600 as it has the same exact resolution as the D3x with a vastly improved sensor.

Quote:

If I wanted a line-by-line opinion about what I THOUGH of these cameras I would have stated that upfront. Comprehension man - it's not just for book reports.
IF I wanted a line by line reproduction of my post, with what you actually thought WAS NOT about cameras in any roundabout way, then I would as well, so please enlighten me.

Sarcasm/elitism, I guess on cosplay.com it's what's for dinner.
Quote:
So, if you want to answer the question I posed:

What is your opinion/thoughts on the c-a-m-e-r-a-s

Not what's your opinion about my opinion.
My thought on the C-A-M-E-R-A-S is wondering why my speak and spell never had the word C-A-M-E-R-A-S on it, otherwise I might understand what you're trying to spell out for me right now.

Last edited by LupinTheBored : 11-13-2012 at 01:23 AM.
LupinTheBored is offline   Reply With Quote