View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
IamMrT

Superman costume help - nylon iron on/fabric paint

I'm new to this website so forgive me for any etiquette rules I'm not following.

I'm trying to make a Superman costume, and I need a way to put the logo onto my blue unitard. Right now I have a 100% nylon unitard for the suit, and I am trying to figure out how to put the superman logo onto it and make it look good. I thought about using an iron-on transfer, but I've been told that on lycra these tend to not work well. Another option was to use fabric paint and stencils to draw the logo on, but I'm not sure how that would work on nylon. The final option I thought of was to make the logo out of yellow and red fabric and glue it on using fabric glue, but again I don't know how well it would work on nylon. If anybody can offer me any help on how to go about doing this it would be much appreciated.
Also, the costume has to be ready in a few days, so I don't really have time to order anything. If there are recommendations for where to buy something it would be very helpful to name a store I could go to, not a website I could order it from since anything I order won't arrive in time. As a side note I am also trying to make the boots out of red duct tape, a cape, and the red underwear I'm not sure where to get. If anybody can give me advice on how to do any of those it would help as well.
Thanks!
IamMrT is offline   Reply With Quote