View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
I've seen many tutorials on how to make a horn (most show how to make it out of clay), but how do you turn the horn into something you can wear?

Headband?

Elastic strap?

And are there any tutorials for the larger wings that the alicorns (Celestia, Luna, Cadence) have?

Yeah, this post is completely relevant to this thread, as I'm thinking of doing Luna next year for AN.
I haven't confirmed it to work just yet, but I'm keeping my Twilight Sparkle horn on with wire- my horn's going to be hollow inside, have a wire support with four ends underneath running up to the tip, and the support will be stuck through the mesh of my wig and curved to sit on my head. I'm getting it done this week, so I'll say if it worked as planned or not (I didn't want a headband/strap on mine, and since my horn'll be made with clay and cardboard a clip wouldn't have worked. I also wanted it to be removable for washing and brushing the wig)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote