View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #35
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
But on the other side, when you have people like this guy who are so set in their opinions no amount of 'good guys' coming out and speaking up will really change that. For every 10 folks who speak out against what was said and are rational well spoken individuals there's going to be a bunch of dudebro's who pat the guy on the back and tell him how he's totally on the money and girls are just skanks. Which voice do you think he'll listen to? (that isn't meant to be sarcastic) My bet is on the dudebro's who share his opinion and are not offering any dissent.
Well, yeah, which is why I said there's no point in any of us trying to justify ourselves. It's not going to change the opinions of the penis wrinkles. Of course, talking with your wallet helps, too. Not buying Harris's work, or if you're lucky enough to be in the position, not hiring Harris for your projects, hurts him a lot more than complaining about it on the internet is ever going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
This. Also let's drop the "Dudebros" label for those who agree with Harris. There were no less than 3 girls on my twitter feed alone who were like "Yeah, screw fake nerds" in response to Harris' post. Stupidity is not limited to a gender and "idiots" is a perfecte label.
I try to avoid gendered insults in general (although "penis wrinkle" is just too funny to pass up), but yes, there are plenty of women who do agree with these warped viewpoints. Harris's wife is probably one of them.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote