View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #58618
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Someone Needs To Get His Brain In Gear
POLICE | HUTCHINSON, MN, USA | EMPLOYEES, LAZY/UNHELPFUL, NOT LISTENING
(Just as I’m coming down a hill, my car makes an odd noise and slows to a stop. I manage to get my car to the shoulder and try to get the gas going, but no luck. I see that there is a police officer nearby, so I put on the emergency flashers and go out to ask him if he can offer any kind of assistance.)

Me: “Officer, I—”

Cop: “You can’t park there.”

(I’m slightly baffled as to why he thought I am voluntarily parked there, as my emergency flashers are clearly on and I am visibly panicking and near tears.)

Me: “I’m sorry, I’m not parked; my car broke down. I was just wondering—”

Cop: “You can’t park there. This is a parade route.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I had no idea there would be a parade. I was only passing through when my car broke down—”

Cop: “You’re going to have to drive it around that corner down there. There’s a parking lot a ways down.”

Me: “…Sir, my car broke down. I can’t drive it.”

Cop: “Well, you can’t park there.”

Me: *nearly crying, and getting angry* “Sir, I can’t help that my car broke down. I can’t drive it. I was wondering if—”

Cop: “Well, get in, start it, and put it in drive. You can’t be parked here. The parade’s coming through soon.”

Me: “Sir, I already told you, I can’t drive it. I hit the accelerator and it doesn’t go.”

Cop: “Well, you’ll have to move. I already told you you can’t park there.”

(Fortunately, a couple of wonderful gentlemen came by at that point, saw that I was panicked, and pushed my car a few blocks away to a parking lot where I could leave it until I could get a tow and a ride.)
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote