View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #2571
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay House

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.CosplayHouse.com
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Sailor-M...e-ACS0221.html

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Sailor Mars (Outfit. Comes with gloves, choker, and tiara.)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Back -
Front -

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The site says give about 3-5 weeks. The actual request was processed the day I ordered it. I ordered this in late September. They were having some deal for the Halloween season. I got my cosplay on October 26th. So it took a few days after five weeks. The special they were having guaranteed I would get my cosplay before Halloween and I did.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I ordered this cosplay with special measurements.
The communication was a bit weird. I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order around almost five weeks after ordering the cosplay. After you order a cosplay you recieve an e-mail with your order staus. However, the page never seems to change, always stays at "processed". After I sent out my e-mail I was told the item would be shipping out in a day with the tracking number included. I got the cosplay for less than regular price, BUT...the shipping is around thirty bucks. Yikes. However, it is worth it because the shipping only took a day and a half. I barely had time to religiously check the location of the tracking number.

This is the first time I have ever ordered a cosplay online. I know cosplay house is a reliable site, but that's mainly for well known characters such as Miku. I saw someone ordered a Sailor V. cosplay from Cosplay House and I thought it was perfect so I just had to go buy my Sailor Mars cosplay from the same site. I attempted to make this cosplay once and it came out awful so I told myself I would just wait until I found a good site to buy it from.

Pros: Costume fit perfectly. I was a little nervous about that even though my measurements were exact.
The fabric they used was NOT satin! I was terrified I would end up with one of those gaudy satin Sailor Moon costumes I often see.
I love how the cosplay is set up to wear. The bow has straps with a little clip. You wrap the bow underneath the collar and snap it in place. The back bow is attached with a handle on the back of the skirt and velcro. I love the fact the back bow is detachable, I wasn't sure if it'd be uncomfortable to sit with the huge bow. I have the option to sit without wearing the bow! Yay! The tiara has an elastic band you can simply place on your head.
Skirt has many layers underneath to make it poofy, very cool.
The jewel they used to make the tiara is very pretty.
Sleeves and gloves are perfect.

Cons: One of the gloves came with a little black smudge but I'm sure I can just wash that out.
The front bow is a little crooked on one side. This should easily be fixed by placing an object above it to flatten it. I do not recommend ironing it.
The choker is a bit tight but they don't really ask for your neck measurements. This could easily be fixed by adding some velcro.
The leotard is pretty opaque but I would recommend wearing a white tanktop or t-shirt underneath.
The tiara takes a while to adjust just right, but once you get it where you want it, it looks great.

Final Grade: A +

Recommended Grading system:
A +/-
This is for an undeniably excellent commissioner; no communication complications, no construction error or accuracy inconsistencies; someone you, personally, feel confident in working alongside and intend to again in the future.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote