The con is working on getting us the room an hour earlier so we can do some more events. We usually start at 8 p.m., so this means we would start at 7. Right now I'm thinking:
- 7:00 p.m. - Rum Party starts, gambling games and beverage bar are opened (at this point we'll start looking for Belly Dancing Contest participants)
- 8:00 p.m. - Belly Dancing Contest, announce the buy-in for Captain's Challenge and Treasure Hunt (over the next hour we accept buy-ins)
- 9:00 p.m. - Captain's Challenge
- 10:00 p.m. - Treasure Hunt
- 11:00 p.m. - Wench/Cabin Boy Auction, Treasure Hunt winners announced, and we do our "Passing of the Torch" ceremony where I pass the Rum Party Captainship on to my First Mate
We'll keep the games going, the beverages served, and the music going as long as we can. In the past, we've gone 'til about two a.m., so we'll see if it runs that late (or if the hotel will let us). Also, if the crowd thins out, we'll shut down earlier.
I'm really looking forward to this event, and thanks to you all for the kind words and support!