View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #13
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymonochrome View Post
Seems a lot of self taught people don't understand ease. I didn't either before I decided to do fashion design in school. Has to do with the way the machine moves and feeds the fabric. Feed dogs pull the bottom layer, but presser foot wants to push the top layer. Ease helps keep both in place, especially on curves like sleeves.
I don't know how CC works because I've never been to one before, but I'd be willing to volunteer some time to be on panels about sewing technique and using commercial patterns. (I don't feel confident enough in my pattern drafting or block making skills, so I wouldn't do those) I don't have professional credentials, though, I'm just a student.
I would be amazingly excited if you would be willing to teach some sewing techniques, etc. There will be many first time Costume-Con attendees this year and I just know it would be very popular. I will try to follow up with you sooner rather than later.

P.S. I'm the Con-Chair.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote