View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #148
TJWasHere
ninja in training

i just thought i would add my opinion here ^^
1) What Machine do you own? Include the maker and model number please!
i had a singer pixie plus and currently sew on a singer anniversay 160
2) when did you purchase it/how old is it?
the pixie plus was a gift.i had it for about a year(before it pretty much broke). the 160 is only about a month old now, but i might as well give you my opinion of it thus far.
3) How much sewing experience do you have? (how long sewing, how advanced your projects are)
i have been sewing since i was about 10, which was roughly 5 years ago. i have only recently begun to make my own cosplays even though i have been interested in cosplay for quite a while.please see question 5 for the reasoning behind this.
4) what do you like most about the machine?
the pixie was tiny and didnt take up too much space on my dining room floor where i left it. the 160 has a great automatic threader, a nice amount of stitch options, has no problem(as far as i know at this time) sewing through different types of fabric, and generally looks beautiful.
5) what do you not like?
that pixie machine might have become the death of me if i had kept it any longer. the thread broke constantly, it got jammed every 5 minutes, had problems with almost every fabric imaginable, and had only 1 speed(which was way to fast for me).its basicallly the reason why my gallerry on here is completly empty. i have yet to find a problem with the 160, but since i have only had it for about a month i really wouldnt know.
6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?
i wouldnt recommend the pixie to anyone.i had too many problems with it. i quite enjoy the 160 though.it is a pretty good machine for the price(its only about 200 bucks)
rainbow dash gala dress-my little pony(10%)
--------------
Upcoming cons:
AnimeNEXT 2013
TJWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote