View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #59922
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
I think we might have a mouse.

At night, we hear this metallic thunking, like something is flip-flopping in our radiator. It only happens when the lights are out, and only when we're being quiet. Then, when we indicate our presence, it stops.
There was also a weird rustling, like someone had a bunch of tape and was balling it in their hand. REAL close to the bed.

So, yeah. I'm thinking it's either a mouse or a demon or something.

(Oh, God, I hope it's not a demon. I'm so scared of everything paranormal, even though I'm really interested in it. Ugh...contradictions suck.)
Mice suck. Mom, having an old house in the country, has had to deal with them pretty well all the time since she moved in almost a decade ago. We had TONS of traps and baits and poisons in the house for rats and mice for the first couple months, then some traps in the out-of-the-way spots, and now they're mostly gone from the HOUSE, but she still has pest control leave rat and mouse poison in her garage (and spray for spiders*Twitch*), which gets eaten pretty regularly. I haven't seen a mouse around since last fall though, which resulted in me playing a lovely game of mouse lacrosse with a garden spade... (And yeah, I know it can be scary as hell. Soon after she moved in, of course, I'm trying to sleep and I'm hearing a TERRIFYING scratching all in my walls and around my room from the mice. I thought there was a ghost or something coming to kill me X_X)

And considering she shoots groundhogs with a .22 if they tunnel in her gardens/yard, maybe most rodents have learned to keep the heck away. Heck, not many squirrels around, either.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote