View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #71
huskies4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymonochrome View Post
lol but the contributing writer's name is Meredith...
Edit: Oh nevermind, the link was a response to the flame-on-girl-cosplayers

^^THIS^^. I agree. Different people have different reasons for cosplaying. Some people who may be very focused on the craftsmanship and challenging themselves to create very complex/detailed costumes might not care that they don't know the character as well as a hardcore fan. They might simply enjoy the aesthetic of the artwork and design and want to show off craftsmanship skills. And that's totally okay. Some people feel the need for popularity and recognition and might go with what's popular that year, or what looks sexy. That's okay too. Some people just naturally fall into a fandom because it had a lot of exposure that year. A lot of people who might not have read the Avengers comics watched the movie, liked it, and got into the fandom that way. A lot of them started reading the comics. Just because they didn't read them as they were released doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Anyway, this guy's "opinion" is not new, unfortunately.
Which reminds me of something I read. Something on the lines of: "Being a fan doesn't mean you were there at the beginning. It means that you'll be there until the end."
huskies4ever is offline   Reply With Quote